Forming a delivery team at your company, civic or religious group and “adopting a route” is a win-win activity. Meals on Wheels training is convenient because we can provide it at your location. The benefits of volunteering with Meals on Wheels include:
- Positive company or group identity showing commitment to our community.
- Forming a team assures that no one person will be overburdened. The two-person delivery team is filled on a rotating basis.
- Delivering meals on an extended lunch hour during the week allows team members to volunteer without interfering with family time at night and on weekends.
- A leadership development opportunity exists since the group needs a coordinator for the program to be successful.
- Build teamwork, friendships and morale as employees and group members interact and get to know each other while performing a vital service.
Air Products – Corporate Communications
Air Products – Customer Support
Asbury United Methodist Church
Holy Spirit Lutheran Church
Lehigh County Medical Society Alliance
Lehigh Valley Health Network, Facilities Dept
Olympus (2 teams)
PPL (2 Teams)
Person Directed Supports
ReMax (2 teams)
Rotary Club of Allentown
St Paul’s Lutheran Church
Via of the Lehigh Valley
In addition, a “Day of Caring” volunteer opportunity is also available for interested corporate teams by designating a one-time delivery day for a group from your company.
Anyone interested in getting their company or group involved with Meals on Wheels, please contact Dawn Stillwagen, Director of Volunteer Services, at 610-841-7011 or email@example.com. You may also print the volunteer application and mail it to our office address: Meals on Wheels of Lehigh County, 4234 Dorney Park Rd., Allentown, PA 18104 or fax it to us at 610-398-7088.